Former St. Joe’s Goalie and current Duke Goalie Mike Adler – LGR Podcast 44
In high school, goalie Mike Adler was attacked by a shark.
That’s not some lacrosse slang term for getting scored on by a big attackman.
He was surfing with his buddies in south Florida when a shark attacked him and nearly ripped his foot off.
He’s now recovered and is one of the top goalies in Division 1 Men’s lacrosse right now at St. Joseph’s University in Philly.
Last season, as a redshirt sophomore, he posted a save percentage of 59.7% which was 3rd best in the NCAA. He also posted a top 5 Goals Against Average and top 10 total saves in St. Joes program history in 2018.
This week Mike joins me to discuss a number of great goalie topics including:
- How he got started playing goalie
- His recruitment process for St. Joes
- The story of getting attacked by a shark
- How is goalie game improved upon arriving to St. Joes
- His current workout routine
- His pregame routine
- His favorite goalie drills
- The lacrosse goalie pyramid
- How he approaches the mental game
- And much more….
Join my email list and get access to the St Joes Lacrosse Goalie Pyramid!
Weapon of Choice
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast
Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today